UCR Homepage CHASS Homepage

Undeclared Program: How to Declare a CHASS Major

Now that you determined your major and meet the necessary criteria to declare, please follow the process below to declare your major:

  • Complete an Undergraduate Major Change Petition. These forms are available in the departmental academic advising offices.

  • Arrange to meet with the departmental academic advisor in the department whose major you wish to declare. The optimum time to meet with a departmental advisor is during week three of the quarter. Departmental academic advisors are very busy during the quarterly registration period and may not be available to meet with you while R'Web is open. Please check with the department regarding their advising hours.

  • Obtain the departmental academic advisor's signature for approval to declare the major and discuss your progress toward your degree.