Header Image

Academic Dismissal


Academic Disqualification and Reinstatement

If your GPA in any quarter falls below 1.50 or, if after two terms on academic probation, your GPA is less than 2.00, you are "Subject to Dismissal." If you receive a letter of dismissal and wish to appeal the decision, please complete the Petition to Appeal Academic Dismissal.

If you are dismissed, it does not necessarily translate into a permanent separation. Your dismissal email will outline the terms of readmission. After you have met the requirements for reinstatement, file an Application for Readmission at the Office of the Registrar at least six weeks before the beginning of the quarter you wish to return and have your official transcripts sent to Undergraduate Admissions.